Tuesday, 18 September 2012

A great future.


Thank you all for your enthusiasm about my new venture since I announced it last week.
Things are really coming along now and tomorrow I'm quietly launching to friends and family to give them a chance to feedback before I start to publicise it officially.

Did you take a look yet?

Last week I attended an event run by "she says" at the Lighthouse in Brighton as part of the Brighton Digital Festival. It was a networking event for women in the digital and creative industries and consisted of an amazing vegan lunch, half an hour to chat and mingle with the other attendees, then a talk by a very enthusiastic Tracey Allen of Sea PR, who talked about the twists and turns her life has taken and how she found herself as a vital part of the Organisation Team for the London 2012 Olympics.

She had lots of advice to share, reminding us that it's okay to have a "career portfolio", ie that you don't have to stay in the same role your whole life, and if work isn't fun then it's not worth doing.

She also shared the quote from a friend of hers "Nothing great is easy". I will be reminding myself of this frequently over the next few months and years as I build my business. My new adventure has already been and will continue to be a lot of hard work. But it's going to be great.


No comments:

Post a Comment