Friday, 14 September 2012

A New Venture


Hello friends, it's been a while!

I've spent the last few months deep in thought about the direction my life is taking vs the direct I'd like it to take. I won't go into too much detail, but to keep it brief, I have quit my 9 to 5 and decided to go it alone, setting up an online boutique stocking unusual and beautiful accessories for gardeners.

I started gardening seriously when I got my allotment 3 years ago, not having a clue what was I was doing at the beginning and relying on helpful friends and colleagues to prompt me into planting and harvesting things at the right time.

Whenever I've been blue over the last few years, I've headed to the allotment, or to one of Brighton's many community gardens to get my hands dirty and tend to the earth. It has been wonderful.

So whilst assessing my life and working out how to create a manageable, sustainable business, the answer lay in my love of gardening.

There are so many beautiful items available to encourage people to bring more greenery into their lives, but some of them are pretty hard to find. So I have decided to create a hub selling all of these items in one place. Many of the items are from independent designer makers and small companies. And I'll be blogging to accompany the site, waxing lyrical about all sorts of interesting garden projects and inspirational ideas for the things you grow.

The site is called What you sow and launches next Wednesday to Friends and Family, so please check out the site, I'd love to hear what you think about it. I'm also on Facebook, tumblr, twitter, instagram and pinterest, so be sure to like and follow me as appropriate.

So that's what I'm up to at the moment. Sorry for the lack of posting recently, I've needed some space to work out what's right for me and I feel that I've found it.

I can't wait to launch!

No comments:

Post a Comment